Chemical Cartridge, Bayonet, OV, AG, Yellow, Niosh Approved
For Use With: 3M(TM) Half and Full Respirators
Cartridge Approved For: AG, OV
Color Code: Yellow
Respirator Connection Type: Bayonet
Typical Application: Assembly and Mechanical, Batch-Charging, Change-Overs, Chemical Dispensing, Clean-Up, Cleaning, Handling, Painting, Parts Cleaning, Pesticide Application, Seal Coatings
Approved for: OV, AG
Respirator Cartridge Type: Air Purifying Respirator
Package Quantity: PK2
NIOSH Rating: Acid Gas (AG), Organic Vapor (OV)
Country of Origin (subject to change): United States
The 3M™ Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Cartridge 6003 helps provide organic vapor and acid gas protection in a variety of environments. When properly used with an approved 3M respirator properly fitted, this respirator cartridge helps provide respiratory protection from certain organic vapors, chlorine, hydrogen chloride, sulfur dioxide, chlorine dioxide, hydrogen sulfide, or hydrogen fluoride. The cartridge may be used for vapor concentrations up to 10 times the Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) with half facepieces or 50 times PEL with quantitatively fit tested full facepieces. Recommended applications for the cartridge include assembly and mechanical, batch-charging, change-overs, chemical dispensing, clean-up, cleaning, handling, painting, parts cleaning, pesticide application, powder, and seal coating. Inventory needs and training requirements for safety equipment are reduced because this respirator cartridge selection works for many different applications. This cartridge is commonly used in the following industries: agriculture, aluminum reduction, chemical manufacturing, laboratories, petrochemical, pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, and utilities.
This organic vapor and acid gas cartridge works with 3M™ Half and Full Facepieces 6000, 7000 and FF-400 Series with bayonet holders or 3M™ Scott™ AV-3000 HT and AV-3000 SureSeal facepieces with 3M™ Scott™ AV-632 Bayonet Adapter. The cartridge is NIOSH (National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health) approved for environments containing certain organic vapors and acid gases. This cartridge is not for use in environments that are immediately dangerous to life or health (IDLH). The cartridge has been assigned the color code “Yellow” in the NIOSH system.
Breathing organic vapors or acid gases can pose a risk to your health. NIOSH, a Federal government regulatory agency, has tested and approved the 3M™ Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Cartridge 6003 to help reduce exposure to certain organic vapors and acid gases.
- 3M™ Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Cartridge 6003, 1 PairNIOSH approved for protection against certain organic vapors or acid gases
- Swept-back design allows an enhanced field of view and comfort
- Bayonet compatibility allows use with many 3M™ half and full facepieces and certain 3M™ Scott™ full facepieces
- Wide range of applications reduces inventory needs
- Simple installation and usage requirements reduce training needs
- The 3M™ Organic Vapor/Acid Gas Cartridge 6003 helps provide respiratory protection against certain organic vapors or acid gases
- Use with 3M™ Half and Full Facepieces 6000, 7000 and FF-400 Series with a bayonet-style filter/cartridge connection or 3M™ Scott™ AV-3000 HT and AV-3000 SureSeal facepieceswith 3M™ Scott™ AV-632 Bayonet Adapter